2018 European conference on F&V research
As the European Commission is now establishing the work programme 2018-2020, the Task Force organised a new gathering of key stakeholders of the fruit and vegetables sector and its associated research partners, in Brussels on 23 January 2018. The press release and all the presentations can be read below
Since 2014, AREFLH, EUFRIN, EUVRIN, and FRESHFEL EUROPE have closely collaborated as a Task Force to identify priorities and to voice the interest of the fruit and vegetables sector in the Horizon 2020 initiative, the European Union Research and Innovation Policy.
A new Europe-wide conference was organised on 23 January 2018 in Brussels with the following objectives:
- To profile current research and innovation projects to the fruit and vegetables sector
- To present the projects to the fruit and vegetables sector that were successfully funded in the 2017 work programme
- To identify the relevant opportunities included in the Work Programme 2018-2020 for the fruit and vegetable sector
- To network with European Commission officials, and key industry and research representatives
- To share experience between researchers and stakeholders of the fruit and vegetables sectors
Read the press release
Framework Programme 9 (FP9) :
The four organisations also drafted a list of policy recommendations regarding the position of the fruit and vegetable sector in the EU’s Research and Innovation policy for policy makers to consider.
Please find attached the press release with further information regarding the conference and the Task Force, and the list with policy recommendations in a separate file.
Look at all the presentations of the event :